Tuesday, 13 May 2014
AS The Lego Movie - questions...
1. How was it distributed?
2. How was it released?
3. How was it designed to appeal to a large audience? http://www.simplyzesty.com/Blog/Article/February-2014/Five-Reasons-Why-The-Lego-Movie-Is-Content-Marketing-At-Its-Very-Best
4. Worldwide appeal of storyline?
5. Synergy – Lego makes Marvel and DC superheroes – WHY were only DC heroes featured in the movie?
6. How did it use social networking sites and viral marketing?http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/sectors/travel-and-leisure/news/lego-to-co-create-marketing-campaign-with-uk-fans/4009997.article
https://twitter.com/TheLEGO MovieUK - note the use of various local Twitter pages to target a local audiences around the world
7. How did its website appeal? Look at the features available and the various links...
8. How did synergy help promote it?
9. How did it target a local (i.e. UK) audience?
10. Viral marketing and more… http://evansonmarketing.com/2014/03/06/lego-mania-goes-viral/ - note the way fan-made videos extend brand recognition and, therefore, act as a promotional tool for the film…
11. Combating piracy, despite there being a while between movie release and DVD/BluRay release – by offering extras - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Here-Why-LEGO-Movie-Blu-ray-Release-Awesome-42635.html
12. It’s worth looking at this – though some of it is incomplete and some of it you already have - http://www.slideshare.net/jackrenshawasmedia/the-lego-movie-31576930
13. This is really technical, but if you can come away with a couple of points about how digital technology was used in the making of the movie, it would be beneficial.
14. And how about this? Dannon Yoghurt and Warner Brothers in a promotional partnership deal using text messaging, Why were Dannon interested in the first place and why use that particular media form? http://www.textmessagingresource.com/articles/371393-dannon-turns-sms-marketing-lego-movie-campaign.htm
15. Note the variety of posters used – and the cheeky allusion to a successful superhero movie by another company… http://nukethefridge.com/2013/11/12/new-character-posters-batman-lord-business-lego-movie/ You might find more about this if you dig around.