Cinema through the Ages
• Group 1: The rise of the “Gore Films” compared to the classic horror
• Group 2: The transition to “talkies”
• Group 3: Making Money! The Importance of studios and institutions & their
love of franchise
• Group 4: The role of women in film
• Group 5: Iconic films: The impact of ‘big’ films on the industry
• Group 6: Cinema in the 1980s: Focus on 2 directors
• Group 7: Iconic actors and their impact on the film industry
• Group 8: The silent movies
You must produce a presentation on your given topic. You can use moving image, Photoshop, PowerPoint, posters, collage, costume, props, acting…be creative. We don’t want death by PowerPoint!
Remember EVERYONE must focus on a second section: The rise of the Viral Campaign – how might you promote YOUR film (hypothetically!) now, in 2011?
THIS SHOULD NOT INTERRUPT YOUR WORK AND REVISION FOR YOUR EXAM IN JANUARY. YOU WILL NOT HAVE TIME IN CLASS TO DO THIS. TEXTUAL ANALYSIS COMES FIRST – THIS PRESENTATION SHOULD BE COMPLETED IN YOUR OWN TIME.
DEADLINE: THURSDAY 15TH DECEMBER